Sea to Summit Comfort Deluxe Self Inflating Mat has 10cm vertical side walls, and a flat sleeping surface thanks to our Delta Core™ foam technology, this is as close to a conventional mattress you’ll get while still being able to fit other items in your car/van or expedition size pack. With an R-value of 5.2, Comfort Deluxe S.I. Mats can be used in all but the coldest temperatures.
Perfect for car camping, or for extended base-camp style trips, the Sea to Summit Comfort Deluxe Self Inflating Mat range of sleeping mats will find you the envy of all your friends.
All of our S.I. mats use the first ever, multi-function single valve designed specifically for self-inflating mats. No more fighting re-inflation as you try to roll up your mat!
Sea to Summit Comfort Deluxe Self Inflating Mat Features
- Delta-Core Technology
- Luxurious 30D stretch knit fabric for a soft next to skin feeling on top.
- Robust and durable 75D polyester with extrusion laminated TPU used on base
- Large horizontal triangular cores reduce the weight and bulk without sacrificing support and comfort. The large 10cm sidewalls create a full width flat sleeping surface
- PU foam is thicker on top of each Delta Core for better insulation directly under you. It also keeps top and bottom surface of foam intact ensuring consistent warmth along entire length of the mat and better bonding with shell fabrics
- Diagonal supporting foam walls help inflate the mattress and creates a more compact rolled mat
- 10cm thick
- R-value: 5.2
- Packs down to 28x64cm
What is 30D Soft Touch Stretch Polyester TPU?
The 30D Soft Touch Stretch Polyester TPU is a knitted fabric with a TPU lamination and is used in our Self Inflating mats. The advantage of the polyester knit is a soft handfeel and the stretchy feel of the mat surface. The TPU lamination makes the fabric airtight and allows the PU foam inside our self inflating mats to be bonded to it.
What is Delta Core Technology?
Sea To Summit Delta Core technique is a truly innovative approach to reducing the weight and bulk of the polyerthane (PU) foam core of our Self-Inflating mattresses. Our patent pending coring process removes up to 40% of the initial volume of the PU foam, retaining enough for optimal support and comfort, while minimising the packed weight and size of the final mattress. Importantly, this coring technique has the additional benefit of keeping the top and bottom surface of the PU foam completely intact. This ensures consistent warmth along the full length of the mattress, avoiding the vertical holes or frame-like gaps that have traditionally allowed warmth to leach downwards. The full foam surface also provides significantly improved bonding of the foam to the shell fabrics of the mattress, thereby greatly reducing the chance of delamination. The shape and size of the Delta Cores are adjusted across the different thicknesses of our mattresses to ensure strength and durability, while still giving the user excellent support and self-inflating performance. The horizontal Delta Coring technique is used in our Comfort Light SI, Comfort Plus SI and Comfort Deluxe SI models.