Riptide Max Saltwater Transom Mount Trolling Motor Features:
- Advanced Corrosion Protection — Premium grade alloys, including aluminum upper arms, are impervious to rust. Metals undergo a rigid multi-step cleaning process before being anodized or coated with a special zinc dichromate armor plating and e-coat epoxy.
- Fully Encapsulated Electronics — All control boards are fully encapsulated in marine-grade urethane to permanently seal the circuitry from external elements. The urethane forms an impregnable barrier against the destructive forces of saltwater.
- Corrosion-Resistant Components — All fasteners and mounting hardware feature 300 series Stainless Steel.
- 3X™ Steering — Select Riptide models feature our exclusive 3X™ Steering. Move the tilt Steering Control just 60 degrees to change the lower unit a full 180. Slight handle adjustments give you ultra-responsive control and ease of handling for sight fishing or when fighting hard-charging Fish.
- Tilt Steering Control — Telescoping handle extends to 21″ with 5 detent settings for maximum comfort and control. Tiller tilts 20 degrees for maximum versatility. Ideal for steering with your knees when the action heats up.
- Maximizer™ — Get up to five times longer run time on a single charge. Controls draw of power at infinitely variable speeds to conserve battery power and extend run time (RT55 only – not available on RT40/50).
- Sacrificial Anode — Protects metallic components from galvanic corrosion. Mounts to prop hub and is easily replaceable.
- Cool, Quiet Power — Minn Kota’s larger brushes, windings and commutators generate less heat, less Noise and run cooler…extending motor life and conserving battery power. You get greater sustained thrust and more time on the water. A unique Bearing system produces low rpms/high Torque to cut down on fish-spooking noise—so quiet they’ll never hear you coming.
- New Model Features: Extendable Tiller handle, push to test battery meter, one hand Stow, quick lock cam depth adjuster, steering tension control.