It’s not just about making it easier to get around, the other cool advantages are that you can fish or take photos and video totally hands-free, the steering is done via the footrests controlling the rudder and direction of the motor’s thrust. This allows you to hold a position in wind and current very easily. When it’s time to head back in it’s very nice to cruise along with little effort, even if there is a headwind or current.
If you have a partner or smaller person that would like to come along but aren’t strong paddlers, then this is the perfect solution! They can come and really enjoy their time on the water with you.
The unique feature that separates this motor from all others is the micro propeller, at just 60mm wide it creates almost NO DRAG when you want to paddle your kayak without the motor running. You simply paddle and use the rudder as you normally would.
Other motors have large propellers that, due to the huge amount of drag they create, must be lifted from the water when you want to, or need to, paddle without the motor running. This can destabilize the kayak and removes the ability to turn and maneuver easily. These large and heavier motors don’t bolt neatly to your rudder blade either, they normally require bulky mounting hardware and large, heavy batteries.
Here are a few thoughts on why a kayak/Bixpy combo may make more sense for you to own over a boat:
- Catching fish from a kayak is much more exciting and fun!
- Able to get closer to the fish without spooking them – stealthy and quiet
- Can go where boats can’t – shallow and in rocky areas where big fish often lurk
- Able to position over fish with pinpoint accuracy, fish finders work incredibly well
- No crowded boat ramps, launch anywhere and close to your fishing spot
- Short trips are practical – boats entail a lot of work before and after each trip
- No need for others to help launch and retrieve, go fishing when YOU want
- No running costs – no fuel
- No trailer to register, store and maintain, use roof racks instead
- Minimal maintenance tasks and expenses