Stability while paddling is a problem for some paddlers. Whether you are standing to sight cast at fish, traversing through choppy waters, or paddling with the kids, the YakGear Outrigger system provides a more comfortable paddling experience. The YakGear Outriggers provide an easy to install safety net for everything from rocking back and forth to toppling into the water. This set comes with (2) outriggers, one for the port and one for the starboard side of your watercraft. The adjustable outrigger arms are 30 inches long and will provide a float base roughly 22 inches from the port and starboard side of the boat. The outriggers are attached by using a RAILBLAZA StarPort base mounted to the boat. The outriggers can be removed at any time making your watercraft easy to transport, leaving only the RAILBLAZA base.
The adjustable outrigger arms can be raised independently if you are getting close to a dock or other obstruction. Installation placement of the outriggers may be mounted in the front or rear of your watercraft. The included floats have pre-installed threading (1/4 x 20 brass insert) to mount a RAILBLAZA StarPort HD (included) directly to the float, which is used to connect to the outrigger arms; and a RAILBLAZA MiniPort base (not included) on your float, giving you the ability to mount another RAILBLAZA StarPort accessory of your choice (amazing camera angles using the Railblaza Camera Kit or Camera Adaptor). These outriggers can attach to a canoe by using a piece of Hardie board (not included). These outriggers are best for total weights under 350 pounds. As always, this complete kit comes with all stainless steel installation hardware, installation instructions, and rigging tips from YakGear.
In the pictures, you will also see how to install a thwart on your canoe to add YakGear Outriggers. You can use Hardie board or any hardwood. Screws for installation to the top of a gunnel will need to be purchased at a local hardware store. Pipe foam was added on the front and back to hang your favorite lures. You can also use the thwart as a console to add a Railblaza DrinkHold, StowPod, additional rod holders or a Fish Finder Mount.
- Comes with 2 outriggers, meaning one for each side of the boat
- Outriggers provide added stability to any vessel
- Adjustable outrigger arms are 30″ long and connect to the boat with a RAILBLAZA StarPort HD (included)
- Ability to add a RAILBLAZA MiniPort Base to float (not included)
- Optimal for total weights under 350lbs
- Available to add to canoe by mounting bases to Hardie board (not included)
- Installation instructions and hardware included for kayak mounting
- Mounting for a canoe may need additional hardware found at your local hardware store (see pictures)
- Kayak not included
- Canoe not included